The MIT-Ningbo Supply Chain Management program is offered by the Ningbo Supply Chain Innovation Institute China (NSCIIC). Mirroring the top-ranked MIT Supply Chain Management program offered at the MIT Center for Transportation & Logistics, the MNSCM program delivers cutting-edge knowledge and expertise in problem solving, change management, and leadership. The graduates will be equipped with the skills that companies seek in an increasingly complex and dynamic marketplace as a result of two years of challenging coursework, immersion in state-of-the-art research, and interaction with industry partners. The first cohort of students will enroll in September 2017. We look forward to you joining the inaugural class!
- The program combines the curriculum of the Masters in Supply Chain Management program offered at MIT with MBA courses required by China National MBA Education Supervisory Committee.
- The program is instructed in English by faculty graduated from top international universities with rich industry experience and expertise as well as visiting professors from the MIT Global SCALE Network.
- In addition to the challenging curriculum, the program emphasizes communication skills development, leadership training, and extensive interactions with the industry.
- NSCIIC engages with many local and multi-national corporations on initiatives such as industry lectures, thesis research projects, and student recruitment.
- Upon graduation, students will be inducted as Associate Members of the MIT Alumni Association and become alumni of the MIT Global SCALE Network.
The MN SCM Curriculum is composed of four building blocks:
1. Adopting the MIT SCM curriculum, including the syllabus, course structure & contents, cases, software & textbooks, and assessment;
2. With combination of MBA courses required by China National MBA Supervisory Committee but not covered by the MIT SCM curriculum;
3. Emphasize on both knowledge and skills such as critical analysis, problem solving, critical reasoning as well as teambuilding and leadership;
4. The MNSCM program turns these academic requirements into an opportunity for students to conceive and execute independent research on a topic of their choice.
The Core Curriculum
• Introduction to Supply Chain Leadership
• Business Writing for Supply Chain Management
• Analytical Methods for Supply Chain Management
• Supply Chain Software
• System Dynamics
• Database, Internet and Systems Integration
• Logistics Systems
• Operations Strategy
• Global Supply Chain Management
• Supply Chain Finance
• Management Accounting and Control
• Organizational Behavior
• Marketing Management
• SCALE CONNET (while at MIT)
• Thesis Writing for Supply Chain Management
• Forum and Seminar
The MIT IAP
Thinking beyond boundaries and being inclusive in problem and solution consideration are more critical to global supply chain effectiveness than a domain specific solution. To achieve this, students will travel to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), USA to interact with other three SCALE network center students around the world. A series of guest lectures by top supply chain industry leaders will expose students to a successful professional and another practical view from industry.
Please note that traveling to MIT for the purpose of the IAP is subject to the student obtaining the necessary US visa as required. While it is the student’s responsibility to obtain the visa, NSCIIC will assist by providing supporting documentation.
For more information on the IAP please visit:
Every student must complete a master’s thesis to demonstrate the ability to study a complex topic in a practical yet scholarly rigorous manner. The thesis involves independent research to cement what students have learnt in various courses and field work during the program. To ensure that the research effort is meaningful and unique, students are encouraged to select topics according to their interest that are relevant to the industry – keeping in line with the overall philosophy of NSCIIC to undertake applied research. The corporate-sponsored theses are done either in teams or individually to answer research questions raised by the sponsoring companies.
Every effort is made by the MNSCM program to turn this academic requirement into an opportunity for students to conceive and execute independent research on a topic of their choice. The MIT SCALE graduates often reflect on their thesis as one of the most challenging and rewarding components of their master’s program.
• Overseas students may take additional courses related to Chinese economy, Chinese culture, and Chinese language.
• Chinese Mainland students must take an additional course Practice and Theory of Socialism Market Economy which is required by the Ministry of Education of China.
1. Chinese mainland students must be associate degree holder with more than 5 years of work experience or bachelor degree holder with more than 3 years of work experience. Chinese mainland students must meet MBA admission requirements prescribed by China National MBA Supervisory Committee.
2. Chinese mainland students shall register and attend the national post-graduate entrance exam per the requirements of the Ministry of Education and the Academic Degree Committee of the State Council, declare their preference in the Supply Chain Management specialization of Ningbo University MBA program, and will be instructed by the Ningbo Supply Chain Innovation Institute China (NSCIIC) upon admission and enrollment.
3. Prospective Chinese mainland students of the MNSCM Program need to pass the national post-graduate entrance exam (National Unified Entrance Exam for MBA) and an interview organized by NSCIIC and Ningbo University. The interview will examine students’ English proficiency, supply-chain related work experience, professional aspirations & motivations, and leadership merits & potential.
4. Overseas students will apply according to relevant rules and regulations, go through the admission process of Ningbo University, pass the interview organized by Ningbo University and MSCIIC, and will be instructed by the Ningbo Supply Chain Innovation Institute China (NSCIIC) upon admission and enrollment.
5. Upon completion of the MNSCM Program, if meeting the requirements of degree conferral prescribe by Chinese authorities, students will receive a study certificate and a degree diploma from Ningbo University and a graduate-level professional certificate from MIT.
The Application Process
1. Prospective overseas students should apply to MNSCM here.
2. Prospective overseas students will be invited to a face-to-face or video interview with NSCIIC faculty members to determine their fit with the MNSCM program.
Chinese Domestic Students
1. Prospective students should register and attend the national post-graduate entrance exam and declare their preference in the Supply Chain Management specialization of Ningbo University MBA program.
2. Prospective students should download an application form (to be provided later) from the website of the Ningbo Supply Chain Innovation Institute China (NSCIIC), complete the form in its entirety, and submit required documents based on the instructions.
3. Prospective students are encouraged to submit complete application packages prior to the National Unified Entrance Exam for MBA to receive opportunities for an early interview.
4. Prospective students will be invited for the interview (including face-to-face interview) if their written exam scores reach the threshold of the Ningbo University MBA program. Those who pass the interview will be admitted by Ningbo University MBA program and taught by NSCIIC.
• The tuition for 2017 Class of MNSCM is RMB168,000 in total over the two years, including a round-trip air ticket to MIT.
• The tuition does not include the textbook, materials, transportation, living expense and other personal expenses.
• The tuition shall be paid by two installments, 50% for the first and the second academic years, respectively.
• Partial tuition scholarships will be awarded to students who perform excellently at the entrance exam and during their study at NSCIIC.
1. What is the primary working language of the MNSCM program?
The Ningbo Supply Chain Innovation Institute China is an international higher education institute, so the working language of its MNSCM program is English. The overwhelming majority of the textbooks, cases, software and reading materials are in English. Additionally, all oral and written homework must be completed in English.
2. Who are the instructors at MNSCM?
All of the MNSCM program faculty have degrees from reputable international universities and robust professional industry experience. In addition, faculty from the other five MIT Global SCALE Network member institutions and experts from well-known international corporations frequently visit NSCIIC as guest speakers.
3. Will MNSCM students have the opportunity to study at the MIT Cambridge campus?
Yes, in January during their second year of study, MNSCM students will travel to MIT’s main campus to participate in the IAP (Independent Activities Period). During that period, students from all six centers of the MIT Global SCALE network will meet. They will take classes together, go on factory tours, showcase their internship projects, and give reports on their thesis topics. The round-trip airfare for this trip is included in MNSCM’s tuition.
4. Does MNSCM offer career development services?
Yes, MIT CTL has over 100 industry partners from a variety of fields including UPS, Amazon, Starbucks and General Motors, and most have branches or operations located in China. MNSCM will provide its graduates with personalized career development services.
5. Does MNSCM offer scholarships?
Yes, MNSCM offers full and partial scholarships to both outstanding applicants and students already enrolled.
6. Is MNSCM a full or part-time program?
MNSCM will recruit 2017 students from the Ningbo University MBA program with a supply chain management research focus. According to the Ministry of Education’s latest policy, all 2017 MBA students at Ningbo University are classified as “part-time.” Taking the nature of the MNSCM program into careful consideration, however, if the majority of its admitted students live in the area, then classes will be conducted mainly during evenings and weekends. If the majority of its admitted applicants are international students or students from other parts of China, then classes will be conducted mainly during the week.
Please enter your name and email address.
Your name *
Current Location *
What code is in the image? *