The MIT-Ningbo Supply Chain Management program is offered by the Ningbo Supply Chain Innovation Institute China (NSCIIC). Mirroring the top-ranked MIT Supply Chain Management program offered at the MIT Center for Transportation & Logistics, the MNSCM program delivers cutting-edge knowledge and expertise in problem solving, change management, and leadership. The graduates will be equipped with the skills that companies seek in an increasingly complex and dynamic marketplace as a result of two years of challenging coursework, immersion in state-of-the-art research, and interaction with industry partners. The first cohort of students have enrolled in September 2017. We look forward to you joining the 2019 intake!
- The program combines the curriculum of the Masters in Supply Chain Management program offered at MIT with a comprehensive MBA curriculum.
- The program is instructed in English by faculty members graduated from and having taught at top international universities with rich industry experience and expertise. Faculty members also include visiting professors from the renowned MIT Global SCALE Network.
- In addition to the challenging curriculum, the program emphasizes communication skills development, leadership training, and extensive interactions with the industry.
- The MIT-Ningbo Supply Chain Management Program engages with many local and multi-national corporations on initiatives such as industry lectures, thesis research projects, and student recruitment.
- Upon graduation, students will be inducted as Associate Members of the MIT Alumni Association and become alumni of the MIT Global SCALE Network.
The MNSCM Curriculum is composed of four building blocks:
1. The MIT SCM Core Curriculum, including the syllabus, course structure & contents, cases, software & textbooks, and assessment;
2. MBA courses such as Organization Behavior and Marketing Management;
3. Emphasis on both knowledge and skills such as critical analysis, problem solving, critical reasoning as well as teambuilding and leadership;
4. Opportunities for students to conceive and execute independent research on a topic of their choice.
The Core Curriculum
1st year, Fall Semester (including Orientation)
• Introduction to Supply Chain Leadership
• Analytical Methods for Supply Chain Management
• Logistics Systems
• Management Accounting and Control
• Database, Internet, and Systems Integration
• Business Writing for Supply Chain Management
• Forum and Seminar
1st year, Spring Semester
• Operations Strategy
• Global Supply Chain Management
• System Dynamics
• Supply Chain Finance
• Thesis Writing for Supply Chain Management
• Forum and Seminar
1st year, Summer Semester
• Organizational Behavior
• Marketing Management
• Forum and Seminar
2nd year, Fall Semester
Working on MBA thesis project
2nd year, Independent Activities Period at MIT
• Supply Chain Software
• Supply Chain Leadership
• SCALE CONNET
2nd year, Spring Semester
Working on MBA thesis project
The MIT IAP
Thinking beyond boundaries and being inclusive in problem and solution consideration are more critical to global supply chain effectiveness than a domain specific solution. To achieve this, students will travel to the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), USA to interact with other three SCALE network center students around the world. A series of guest lectures by top supply chain industry leaders will expose students to a successful professional and another practical view from industry.
Please note that traveling to MIT for the purpose of the IAP is subject to the student obtaining the necessary US visa as required. While it is the student’s responsibility to obtain the visa, NSCIIC will assist by providing supporting documentation.
For more information on the IAP please visit:
Every student must complete a master’s thesis to demonstrate the ability to study a complex topic in a practical yet scholarly rigorous manner. The thesis involves independent research to cement what students have learnt in various courses and field work during the program. To ensure that the research effort is meaningful and unique, students are encouraged to select topics according to their interest that are relevant to the industry – keeping in line with the overall philosophy of NSCIIC to undertake applied research. The corporate-sponsored theses are done either in teams or individually to answer research questions raised by the sponsoring companies.
Every effort is made by the MNSCM program to turn this academic requirement into an opportunity for students to conceive and execute independent research on a topic of their choice. The MIT SCALE graduates often reflect on their thesis as one of the most challenging and rewarding components of their master’s program.
• Overseas students may take additional courses related to Chinese economy, Chinese culture, and Chinese language.
• Chinese Mainland students must take an additional course Practice and Theory of Socialism Market Economy which is required by the Ministry of Education of China.
1. Preferred candidates are either a bachelor degree holder with more than 3 years of work experience or a master degree holder with more than 2 years of work experience.
2. Prospective students are encouraged to take the GRE test, the GMAT test, the IELTS test, and the TOEFL test.
3. Prospective students are encouraged to submit reference letters as a part of their application package.
4. Prospective students may be invited to attend an interview. The interview will examine students’ English proficiency, supply-chain related work experience, professional aspirations & motivations, and leadership merits & potential.
5. Upon completion of the MNSCM Program, if meeting the requirements of degree conferral prescribe by the authorities, students will receive a study certificate and an MBA degree diploma from Ningbo University and a Graduate Certificate in Logistics & Supply Chain Management from the MIT Global SCALE Network.
1. Prospective overseas students should apply to MNSCM here.
2. Prospective overseas students will be invited to a face-to-face or video interview with NSCIIC faculty members to determine their fit with the MNSCM program.
The tuition for 2019 Class of MNSCM is CNY168,000 in total over the two years. The tuition includes a round-trip air ticket to MIT.
· The tuition does not include the textbook, course materials, transportation, living expense, and other personal expenses.
· The tuition shall be paid in two installments, 50% for the first and the second academic years, respectively.
Regulations for MIT-Ningbo Supply Chain Management (MNSCM) Scholarship
(Issued on September, 2018)
These regulations are formulated as guidelines to award scholarship offers to hard-working students for their excellent grades. In order to encourage the endeavor of MNSCM students and to promote the formation of a progressive spirit of the MNSCM program, and Ningbo Supply Chain Innovation Institute China (NSCIIC) at large.
A. The target students for the scholarship
The scholarship is applicable to all students in MNSCM program, including Chinese students and foreign students with some differences in specific awards.
B. The basic requirements of the scholarship
1. The applicant should actively maintain the image of the institute and the program in society.
2. The applicant should study hard and obtain qualified score for all modules.
3. The applicant should pass the dissertation smoothly.
4. The applicant should actively participate in external activities representing the institute and the program.
5. The applicant should actively participate in all relevant activities organized by Ningbo University.
6. The applicant should pay the tuition fee on time.
7. The applicant should respect teachers, get along well with other students, cherish the fame of class, comply with the law, and hold excellent morality.
C. The type and amount of the scholarship
1. Outstanding scholarship: One or two Chinese and foreign students will be awarded with 50% of the tuition fee for their outstanding performance. This award will be evaluated two times and allocated accordingly. The receiver(s) will not be evaluated for other awards.
2. First-class scholarship: No more than 10% of the Chinese students in the class will be awarded with 25% of the tuition fee for their excellent performance. This award will be evaluated two times and allocated accordingly. The receivers will not be evaluated for other awards.
3. Second-class scholarship: No more than 30% of the Chinese students in the class will be awarded with 10% of the tuition fee for their good performance. This award will be evaluated two times and allocated accordingly. The receivers will not be evaluated for other awards.
4. Supply chain major scholarship for female student: One female Chinese or foreign student
will be awarded with 25% of the tuition fee for their excellent performance. This award will be evaluated two times and allocated accordingly. The receivers will not be evaluated for other awards except for the freshman scholarship.
5. Freshman scholarship: All students will be awarded RMB 10,000 if they register for MNSCM program as their first choice within ten days after the start of MBA entrance exam online registration. This scholarship is applicable to Chinese students.
D. The scholarship scheme for foreign students：
1. Logistics professional scholarship: one student will be awarded with 25% of the tuition fee. This award will be evaluated two times and allocated accordingly.
2. Manufacturing professional scholarship: one student will be awarded with 25% of the tuition fee. This award will be evaluated two times and allocated accordingly.
3. Procurement professional scholarship: one student will be awarded with 25% of the tuition fee. This award will be evaluated two times and allocated accordingly.
4. Information technology professional scholarship: one student will be awarded with 25% of the tuition fee. This award will be evaluated two times and allocated accordingly.
5. Please refer to the relevant regulations of Ningbo government for its scholarship for foreign students of MNSCM program.
For item D.1，D.2，D.3，D.4, these awards will not be repeated except for item D.5.
E. The conditions for scholarship
1. For Chinese students, the grades of MBA entrance exam and reexamination will be considered.
2. For foreign students, the grades of GRE/GMAT and TOEFL/IELTS will be considered.
3. Complying with regulations of the institute and program.
4. Honor achieved for the institute and program
5. Work experiences and achievements.
F. Time for scholarship evaluation
Within two months after completing the registration.
G. Time for scholarship allocation
Releasing within two months after the academic year started.
1. No less than 80% of the attendance for scholarship winners.
2. No less than 80% of the GPA for scholarship winners.
H. If the scholarship winners fail to meet the above requirements, the institute has the right not to award the remaining scholarship. Others
Ningbo Supply Chain Innovation institute China has the ultimate power of interpretation of the scholarship regulations.
1. What is the primary working language of the MNSCM program?
The Ningbo Supply Chain Innovation Institute China is an international higher education institute, and the instruction and working language of its MNSCM program is English. All textbooks, cases, software, assignments, and reading materials are in English.
2. Who are the instructors at MNSCM?
All MNSCM program faculty members have degrees from reputable international universities and robust professional industry experience.In addition, faculty members from the other MIT Global SCALE centers and experts from well-known international corporations frequently visit NSCIIC as guest speakers and guest lecturers.
3. Will MNSCM students have the opportunity to study at the MIT Cambridge campus?
Yes, in January during their second year of study, MNSCM students will travel to MIT’s main campus to participate in the IAP (Independent Activities Period). During that period, students from all six centers of the MIT Global SCALE network will meet. They will take classes together, go on factory tours, showcase their internship projects, and give reports on their thesis topics. The round-trip airfare for this trip is included in MNSCM’s tuition.
4. Does MNSCM offer career development services?
Yes, MIT CTL has over 100 industry partners from a variety of fields including UPS, Amazon, Starbucks and General Motors, and most have branches or operations located in China. MNSCM will provide its graduates with personalized career development services.
5. Does MNSCM offer scholarships?
Yes, MNSCM offers various scholarships to both outstanding applicants and enrolled students.
6. Is MNSCM a full or part-time program?
The MNSCM program is offered on a part-time basis. Students are encouraged to engage in cultural activities, entrepreneurship activities, and research activities in addition to their coursework. After the intensive coursework in the first year of study, students can do an internship in their second year of study to work on the thesis project.
Please enter your name and email address.
Your name *
Current Location *
What code is in the image? *